|# Posted: 29 Apr 2009 16:42
Greetings fellow froggers!
As you may or may not have noticed, the moderators have taken a reprieve from any action on the forum during the last month, in order to take a step back and see where our input would be most crucial and helpful to our members. Things have been going fairly smoothly despite a few setbacks with tempers rising and spammers trolling.
The current active moderators (Heather, Frogbert and myself) will be once more available for contact should you have any problems or concerns with the board. We would like to take a moment to highlight some rules that we noticed were receiving a severe lack of attention during our absence.
* Do not respond to spammers or flaming posts, as your responses will just create more chaos and will be removed along with the offenders posts. Alert a MOD through email (do not create a thread!) and the offending posts will be removed. In addition, publicly flaming the MODs for doing their job is prohibited and will be deleted on sight.
* It is imperative that we maintain this forum with as few off topic posts as possible. We do have a "general chat" section for this reason but it needs to stay at a minimum, as this is a popular site for people to find help and advice on their frogs and every unrelated post pushes these threads off the main page. Major news items (weddings, babies, vacations) are acceptable, as well as one or two random chat threads per month. Threads with links to unrelated youtube videos or utilizing this site as personal update, Twitter or Myspace page will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
In response to the recent threads asking about the clean-up; yes, we have been doing some cleaning over the last couple of days, removing spammers and related threads as well as thinning out the "General Chat" section in an effort to free up some space to invite new frog related topics and questions. Because we are sans Admin, we need to keep in mind that the forum is not "endless" when it comes to bandwidth. TTTF has been around a number of years, is one of the most popular and most visited sites for frog care, and we would like to prevent overloading the system. Complaining about your post count going down will get you no sympathy. It happens to everyone who posts in an unrelated or spammed thread after being deleted and is not meant to be a personal affront. If you have questions as to why your thread/post is missing, email a MOD or re-read the forums rules and think if you could have possibly violated them in some way. (things will not be removed unless there has been a violation of some sort. That's how it has been and how it will remain)
* Do not post photos that do not belong to you without consent of the photographer. If you are posting an article, post a link with credit to the author.
* If you are selling an item, once that item is sold or no longer in your possession, please lock the thread and a MOD will delete it. On a related note, if you make a thread asking someone to email you... please return and lock it once the email connection is made and a MOD will remove it.
* Please use one log in name only. The MODS can see IP addresses and ALL names associated with them. If we find more than one name we look deeper and if we find you are using two names to disrupt the forum, we will ban the offending name as well as the other names to prevent future issues.
* Watch the section you are posting your thread under, and please use the correct one. Related to this: when posting "Help" topics... please try to put in the title the type of help you are seeking so that other members are able to prioritize urgency. Also, the section "Website News" is for TTTF staff to post messages concerning the forum, not for members to post under.
All members have read and signed the rules thread, but we still feel that they aren't being followed or taken seriously. The rules exist so we can all have a pleasant experience here on TTTF. We don't like censoring or deleting any more than you do, but to keep things running smoothly at times we must resort to these actions. We truly appreciate the input of all our members and would like to keep the forum one of the top frog sites on the net. To do this we need your help and cooperation! Moderator emails are listed under our names, please feel free to email with any thoughts or concerns.
[There] [They're] [Their]
And tomorrow we'll learn to tie our shoes.